Bethel UMC traces its beginning to a brush arbor meeting, held on the banks of a nearby pond, in 1834. Since that time, it has had a continuous presence in the lives of families and individuals in this community. We invite you to find out more about the history of the church, the congregation, and the community. Here you'll find a written history of Bethel and other items that document events in the recent and distant past.
- Brief History - This is a brief account of Bethel's history that has appeared on the back of the bulletin covers. It was prepared by the church historian at that time, Thelma Royce.
- History Booklet - This is a longer history of Bethel, which was begun in 1947 by Dr. W.F.Dunkle & Mrs. Lilla Crowder Burns and has been extended several times through the years.
- Ministers Poster - this document, prepared for Bethel's 2017 Homecoming, contains photos of many pastors that have served Bethel in the past.
- VBS Posters and Pix - During many of the years from 1999 forward, Bethel has had a Vacation Bible School during the summer. At the end of most, a "Remembrance Poster" was created with a group photo of participants. The posters and pictures are provided here as a record of these past events.
- From the "Archives" - This page provides access to a variety of materials, including old Membership books, attendance records and directory photo pages.
- Bethel Cemetery - This is a link to the entry for Bethel UMC Cemetery in the Find A Grave web site. Click here for a list of all Bethel Cemetery memorials in that site. (Note: The information at this site has not been entered or maintained by Bethel.)
[ Home | Map | Pastor | Service | Activities | Organization | History] If you would like to find out more about Bethel U.M.C. or have any comments about our Web pages,
please let us know by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.