This page provides access to documents that are used to assist in planning activities at Bethel. It was created in June 2017 to provide a means of implementing the "congregational goals" and "plan of action" proposed by the "Ministry Assessment Process" that year. The date in parenthesis for each document indicates the last date that it was changed.
Program Planning Documents
The Documents include:
At the present time, there is no provision for group maintenance of these worksheets. Those participating in the process are encouraged to print a copy of each worksheet for their own use and communicate any questions, suggestions or requests for update of each spreadsheet by email to: email@example.com.
- 2018 Worship Planning Worksheet (12/15/18) - which is used to provide a plan for worship services over a 3 month period. (Click here to view the 2017 planning worksheets...Note:The 2017 worksheet has been formatted to print on legal size paper)
- 2018 Annual Event Planning Worksheet (10/31/18) - which is used to provide a single page showing planned activities for the year. The year is divided into 4 quarters of 3 months, each month having 4 or 5 weeks (beginning on a Sunday in the month). Seven Lines are provided for listing the events planned for each week. The "W", "M","F" and "D" designations at the beginning of the lines indicate the areas of "Worship", "Meetings", "Fellowship (or Fun)", and "Discipleship".
- Bible Study Planning Worksheet (7/17/17) - which is a proposed worksheet for planning a program of Weekly Bible Study. It is an "Annual" plan, divided into "Quarters" as in the Annual Event planning worksheet, but it is separate from the "Discipleship" small group events in that worksheet and addresses an area that has been neglected for many years. There are separate lines for "C"hildren, "Y"outh, "A"dults, "W"omen, "M"en and "MA" for "Mixed or Multi" age group classes. Although it is unlikely that Bethel will be able to address all of these groups individually at this time, they should be considered in a long range planning process.
Other documents provided by the GBOD that are useful for worship planning are:
- 2018 Music and Worship Planning Calendar - a Monthly Calendar that provides Lectionary readings and Special Days
- 2018 Lectionary Readings and Special Days - in a convenient 2-page format.
If you would like to find out more about Bethel U.M.C. or have any comments about our Web pages, please let us know by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.