is being performed in the church service today, for little Alice Lanier Bell. Although we usually try to have online services that follow closely the service at the church...we can't duplicate that baptism online as this service is being prepared. So, we've made this a service "about baptism"...in several ways. We hope that you will come away from it remembering, or looking forward to, your own or another's baptism with greater appreciation.
This is also remembrance day for D-Day
and in recognition of this there are some links on the Resource Page
that you may find informative.
Click on the "Bethel United Methodist Church" script above
for links to some Resource material for this service.
We are also having a service at 11:00 this morning in Bethel's sanctuary. An insert to the bulletin, provided by a link above, presents Bethel UMC's policy regarding these gatherings during the time of COVID-19 restrictions.
For those unable to attend the services at the church, a new service will be available here online before 10:00 am each Sunday morning, using the same format as the on-site service. So you may "gather" here for an "Early Service" at 10:00 or the traditional service at 11:00...actually it will be available here at any time all week. We hope that you will find it a refreshing place to come into God's house.
: Each part of this online service consists of an audio file and, for most, a Link
to a pdf file of "projection slides". Click on the
symbol to play the audio file under a separate browser tab or in a new window. Then select the "Bethel 06/06/21 Service
" browser tab or return to this window to open the Link
to the "slides". It is best to stop the playing of one Audio segment and close its tab or window before starting another.
Thank you for coming. Our prayer will be that we will soon all gather again for worship in Bethel's Sanctuary, but until then we'll be here for you on Sunday morning.
- D-Day Slideshow - These pictures of Normandy fortifications, beaches and cemetery are being shown today at church as a pre-service slideshow for remembrance of D-Day, June 6, 1944. They were taken during a visit to the site on June 1, 2015.
- . Slides - Welcome and Announcements . (05:04)
- Opening Hymn
. Verses - "It is Well With My Soul" . (UMH 377)
(Let us know if you have a favorite hymn that you would like to have included in an online service.)
- Baptism Service - at this point in the church service the baptism of little Alice Lanier Bell will take place, surrounded by her parents and supportive family. Affirmations of support for her care and development are made by her parents and the congregation. - Click here for pictures and some recordings from that service.
Remember Your Baptism - following that, the pastor asks the congregation to participate in this responsive reading...which you are encouraged to do as well.
- . Slides - Call to Worship, Apostle's Creed and Gloria Patria . (02:29)
- Pastor Ralph gathers his thoughts about baptisms and a few other topics
. Slides - Pastor's Thoughts, Prayers and Lord's Prayer . (13:35)
Please continue to include this prayer for the youth among your prayers for Bethel at this time.
- This is a Message for a newly baptised young person for both today and the future
. "Youth" Message: "What Have We Done to You Today, Alice" . (19:29)
Though addressed to the "Youth", whom we truly miss seeing on Sundays, this message is for all of us.
(The "Church" message on this day, with the same topic, will be on the "Sermons" page of Bethel's web site later this week.)
- . About - Holy Communion (02:29)
We normally use consecrated crackers and grape juice during the service but you may use other elements for the acts of remembrance as you participate. During this time of "social distancing", the church service uses individual packets for communion taken in the pews.
- Closing Hymn:
. Verses - "Give Thanks" . (TFWS 2036)
- Closing Chorus & Benediction:
. Verse - "Bind Us Together"
Please let us know of any problems you have with or suggestions about this site by sending an email to "firstname.lastname@example.org". If you have any announcements or prayer concerns you would like included next week you may contact Pastor Ralph Wrightstone directly at: 850-591-9785