April 5, 2015
April 12, 2020
Pastor: Ralph Wrightstone Bulletin music: Travis Oaks
Welcome to Bethel UMC's site for the online Easter Worship service. With the continuing restrictions on gatherings, this is to fulfill a commitment made to provide a place for congregants to come together "virtually" at 11:00 each Sunday morning for a time of spiritual communion. We have attempted to design it to follow Bethel's common service, providing you opportunities to interactively participate. A new service will be available before 10:00 am each Sunday so you may "gather" for an Early Service at 10:00 or the traditional service at 11:00 ...actually it will be available here at any time all week. We hope that you will find it a refreshing place to come into God's house.
NOTE: Each part of the service consists of an audio file and, for most, a pdf file of "projection slides". Click on the symbol to play the audio file under a separate browser tab or in a new window. Then select the "Bethel Easter Service" tab to return here to open the Link to any related "slides". It is best to stop the playing of an Audio file and close its tab or window before starting another.
Thank you for coming. Our prayer will be that we will soon gather again for worship in Bethel's Sanctuary, but intil then we'll be here for you on Sunday morning.
- . Slides - Pre-Worship Music and Slides
. Verse - Prelude/Processional: Lift High the Cross
......Acolytes bring light to the candles on the altar, followed by the pastor and other worship leaders.
- . Slides - Welcome and Announcements
- . Verses - Hymn: Up From the Grave He Arose...(UMH 322)
The words for the hymn below were "written specifically for a season in which the church and its members are dealing with the coronavirus". It is sung to the tune of "The Church's One Foundation".... This one is optional, but at least read the words.
. Verses - Hymn: This Easter Celebration
and this one, also optional, is by request...
. Verses - Hymn: Christ the Lord is Risen Today
- - Slides - Call to Worship, Apostle's Creed and Gloria Patria
- - OT Scripture: Psalm 118:22-29
- - Youth Message: "The Empty Tomb" (05:17)
- - Pastor's Thoughts
....You may wish to reflect upon your own joys, concerns and prayerful petitions at this time
- Pastoral Prayer and The Lord's Prayer
- - Special Music: "There is Something about that Name"...sung by Judy Wrightstone
- - Scripture: John 20:1-9, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
......consider following along with a favored translation of your own
- Message: "Should We Believe in the Resurrection?" (15:45)
- . Verses - Hymn: Victory in Jesus...(UMH 370, vs 1&3)
- . Verse - Closing Chorus: Bind Us Together
Please let us know of any problems you have with or suggestions about this site by sending an email to "email@example.com". If you have any announcements or prayer concerns you would like included next week you may contact Pastor Ralph Wrightstone directly at: 850-591-9785